Bandhu Social Welfare Society (Bandhu) will recruit CBO Coordinator (s) in seven divisional cities i.e. Dhaka, Sylhet, Khulna, Chattogram, Rajshahi, Rangpur and Mymensingh to support Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in implementing the planned activities of USIAD’s Shomota (Equality) Project. This is a full-time technical position of the project who will be responsible to provide technical support to the CBOs under the supervision of Specialist – Capacity Building & Empowerment. S/he will also be responsible to report to the specialist –capacity building & Empowerment and similarly to the respective ED/President/CEO of the CBO, also maintain coordination and communication within the project team, partner CBOs and other institutes/organizations related to the supports for Gender Diverse Population (GDP).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local level community members, leaders CBOs and partner organizations.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and the community ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Identify community needs and priorities through surveys, meetings, and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the local level stakeholders to design, implement, and manage programs that address identified issues such as education, healthcare, housing, or employment opportunities.
- Develop program objectives, timelines and budgets.
- Identify and secure funding opportunities from grants, donations, and partnerships.
- Maintain financial records and manage budgets effectively.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and staff involved in community initiatives.
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities of the CBOs are well-defined and efficiently coordinated.
- Organize and facilitate educational session, community meeting, family support meeting,
- Assist to organize the workshops, training and other event as planned to promote awareness on programs and initiatives.
- Encourage community participation and engagement in projects.
- Promote the organization's mission and services to the community.
- Establish metrics and indicators to measure the impact of community programs.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of programs and make necessary adjustments to meet objectives.
- Collect and analyze data to track program outcomes.
- Represent the CBO in relevant networks, coalitions, and forums.
- Advocate for policy changes issues that benefit the community and raise awareness of local issues.
- Participate regularly in local level meetings organize by DC Office, Social Welfare Department, Civil Surgeon office etc.
- Assist in obtaining the acknowledgement certificate from DC office and other relevant govt. authorities/ departments as and when required.
- Assis the CBO to get a registration from NGO Affairs Breau (NGOAB), Social Welfare Department and other Govt. entities.
- Any other assignment as and when required by the management/concerned authority.
Employment Status: Full-time
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Preferably in Social Science.
- At least 1 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age at most 35 years
- At most 35 years
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral in English and Bangla.
- Computer Skills - Must be able to operate Microsoft Word.
- Dhaka-3 position, Sylhet-1 position, Khulna-1 position, Chattogram-2 position, Rajshahi-1 position, Rangpur-1 position and Mymensingh-1 position
Workplace: Work at Office
Job Location: Chattogram, Dhaka, Khulna, Mymensingh, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Sylhet
Salary: Tk. 20000 (Monthly)
Compensation & other benefits: Weekly 2 holidays
Read Before Apply
Bandhu invites applications from qualified individuals through " Bandhu-Job-Applicaiton-Form"Please note that only applications filled in Bandhu format will be considered. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org the application on or before November 18, 2023.
"Bandhu has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards safeguarding. All employees are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct, Protection from Sexual Harassment Exploitation and Abuse (SHEA), Child Protection Policy, and Gender policy of Bandhu."
Individuals from minority groups (Third Gender), indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
BANDHU is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors, and partners to share this commitment. Anyone employed with BANDHU agrees to sign and adhere to BANDHU'S, gender, Code of Conduct and Safeguarding (Children and Vulnerable Adults) Policy.
Deadline : 18 Nov 2023